Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's been going on?

We have been quite busy over at our end. Schooling, upholstering, keeping up the house, sewing. I guess the list can go on and on.

When Danny gets home today, we are having our good friends, the DiMarcos, over to help us put in a handpump well. This is something we have wanted to do for some time, and decided it was high time we did. Danny has done lots of research about how to do it the old fashioned way without any heavy equipment. We are quite excited for this homeschooling project and experience.

Evan is making leaps and bounds with his reading! I think he is finally catching on! Danny and I have decided to go ahead and get him some other subjects besides math and reading so he can be putting his reading to practice. I think this will spur him to greater reading.

Ashley and Zeb are flying through their lightunits. I can't seem to be able to keep them supplied with work. I need to start ordering more at a time. Ashley is excited that she can work as fast as she can and go to the next grade quickly.

Shauna and Kyla are learning to read together. I decided to use "Scaredy Cat" with them. AnnaRuth is doing "work" as well.

All this makes for a busy school year!

I have been planning our yard out for next year. I would REALLY LOVE to have a flower garden besides just our normal vegetable garden. I have bought some bulbs so far in my pursuit to getting that garden. I do need to plan out everything though. We will have to "doctor up" the soil with the sand we have around here. This will be a project that will take bits and pieces to get to. I will keep ya'll updated on our progress!

No comments: