Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wow! Has it been awhile since I have posted!

Life has been quite busy!!

Between being a midwife to our dog and dealing with broke down vans, we have had quite a bit of adventures around here.

Let's see, what have we got going on? I have sewing lots of dipes. Soon after that, I will be making 5 dresses for each one of my girls...a total of 25 dresses, pantalets (hopefully) for them, and a couple of skirts for me. I am going to *try* to have this all done before our trip in March.

Speaking of our trip. Ashley is turning 13 this month. This is a very special time in our family, so we have decided to create a lasting memory for her 13th birthday and take a mini family vacation. The children are really looking forward to being able to just be together as a family, and enjoying Danny not having to work for a week!!

Today makes the first day of my 15th week of pregnancy as well. Man, has time flown!! My first trimester was pretty rough, so I spent alot of time resting and just sitting around. I am glad that seems to be behind me for the most part! I still have moments, but I think it is because my body is telling me to go eat something~so I am working on that. Tomorrow we are going to get the first sonogram I have had since I was pregnant with Ashley!! There is a local pregnancy center that just recently received a new machine and wanted volunteers to be willing to be "guinnea pigs" while they are being trained. Danny said it would be a neat experience for the children to see our little bundle. It will help to make it even more concrete for them.

As I mentioned earlier, we have been having van issues. We are at the point where it will cost a lot to get them repaired, so we are debating whether we should get a new to us van instead. We want to hear the Lord's will in this and don't want to jump ahead of Him, so we would love your help in praying for that very thing.

Well, that is what's been going on around here lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took my older four to the sonogram for #5 and they LOVED it!! =) Hope yours goes great.

25 dresses, wow, that is a lot, I am impressed!! =) You should pictures of them when they're done!!

I can relate to the car troubles... I just traded my poor Suburban for a new-to-me van and I still have mixed feelings about it!!