Friday, September 17, 2010

Titus' new shoes!

I have wanted to make soft shoes for a long time, but always felt overwhelmed by the idea. It wouldn't have been a biggie if I made them out of regular fabric, but I wanted to go all out and do it "the right way"...with leather.

I raided our local thrift stores for some old leather coats that were in good condition. I only used one sleeve of a lambskin jacket for these shoes for Titus. The jacket was half off (Goodwill's half off clothing on Mondays) for $10. So, these shoes probably cost me $2.50 to make! ;)

I am LOVIN' how they turned out...and glad I finally pushed myself. I am also glad for my old 60 year old Morse sewing machine...I couldn't sew the sole onto the shoes with my Kenmore. They don't make machines like they used to!!









siggy 2

3 comments:

ashley tahg said...

Looks good Mama!

how 'bout making me some? ;-D

Dana Lewis said...

CUTE! I, as you know, have had the same bug for a long time too. Several months ago I made some and they were so fun and easy! I haven't taken the 'leather plunge' yet... -nailbite-

I love those shoes -- you did a great job!

Sheila said...

Okay, Brandy. You'd better start mass-producing those. They're adorable!
(Sorry you're leaving WayWalkers. 'Guess I'll have to check your blog now. :))
Blessings!